Rodney 'Biz' Cain dies at 78; farmer, businessman, banker, family man — and Papaw
NKY high school students earn college credit for classes at Sullivan U.
SmartHealthToday: Selena Gomez sheds bright light on mental health
Chef Foster: Food may not solve all problems, but it gets us talking
2016 Ky net farm income likely to reach lowest level since 2010
Monster Energy to replace Sprint as sponsor for NASCAR’s premier series
St. E has developed free-standing Education and Training Center
NKY Lawmakers discuss issues facing General Assembly at CBC luncheon
Relive the magic of ‘Polar Express’ with these Santa-themed excursions
New Doggie Paddles may have your perfect 'best friend' Christmas gift
Ky by Heart: Don’t hold back; Say what needs to be said to your ones
The Licking River: A 300-mile journey from mountains to metropolis
Japanese second wave of the attack flying into a hornet’s nest of fleet anti-aircraft fire. The large, black column of smoke in the center is the USS Arizona. (Library of Congress.) By Stephen Enzweiler Special to NKyTribune The morning of Sunday, December 7, 1941 began in Cincinnati like most in early...
Marquee Miss took advantage of a screaming pace to win the 31st running of the $50,000 Holiday Inaugural Stakes at Turfway Park Saturday, coming home under jockey Didiel Osorio to score at 21-1. Marquee...
By Olivia McCoy From UKNow Family farming differs from other professions because people in this field both work and live in the same location. This means the risk of injury in the workplace is higher than...
John Calipari wanted to see how his team would respond against an even-matched foe and the result wasn’t exactly what the Kentucky coach expected following a 97-92 loss to UCLA Saturday. Impressed by...
Subscribe to Business
CVG advice: Some tips for air travelers during holidays; first, book early and before leaving home . .The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) is launching into the holiday travel season by offering passengers more flights and destinations. Destinations such as NYC via Newark, Destin/Ft....
- More »
- KY Speedway Senior Director of Business Development named salesman of the year
- Current year Kentucky net farm income likely to reach lowest level since 2010; cattle hit hardest
- Newport on the Levee selects Jeffrey R. Anderson Real Estate as exclusive retail leasing agent
- Northern Kentucky Chamber to announce annual 'Where We Stand' legislative priorities on Dec. 15
- Republic Bank promotes Jason Payne to Managing Director of its Northern Kentucky Market
Subscribe to Education
Boone County Public Library to update online catalog beginning today, some services unavailable during upgradeBoone County Public Library is updating its online catalog, beginning today through Dec. 7, to be able to offer a higher level of service to its customers. While the catalog is being updated, customers...
- More »
- UK Colleges team up to develop a video game to educate young family farmers, help prevent injuries
- CovCath celebrating Blue Ribbon honor with all-school and community assembly on Monday
- NKY high school students earn college credit for culinary classes through agreements with Sullivan U.
- NKYEC's College and Career Readiness Symposium helps teachers adjust to new world of education
- Boone County Schools expand language program to 10,500 students, enhancing college/career options
Subscribe to Government
Governor Matt Bevin has issued an executive order altering the Office of Occupations and Professions to form the Department of Professional Licensing and establishing the Kentucky Real Estate Authority. ...
- More »
- Heading into winter heating season, Kentucky residential fuel prices among lowest in the nation
- Government briefs: Kenton County's new building, Fort Wright offers safety tips, Union Santa breakfast
- Northern Kentucky lawmakers discuss issues facing the 2017 General Assembly at CBC luncheon.
- KY House Republicans Majority caucus elects its leaders; four will join new Speaker-Elect Jeff Hoover
- Drought may mean farmers in 10 southeastern Kentucky counties are eligible for federal aid
Subscribe to Health
Rep. John Yarmuth of Louisville has been named ranking minority member on the House Budget Committee, a panel that will consider repeal and replacement of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act....
- More »
- SmartHealthToday: 10 tips for thriving with diabetes during the holidays -- takes a little discipline
- SmartHealthToday: Selena Gomez sharing her own struggles sheds bright light on mental health issues
- St. E has developed free-standing Education and Training Center, at expanded former METS Center
- Medicaid expansion results in more Kentuckians obtaining preventative breast cancer screenings
- LiveWell NKY names inaugural recipients of 'Worksite Awards' for places that create a healthier workforce
Subscribe to Living
Japanese second wave of the attack flying into a hornet’s nest of fleet anti-aircraft fire. The large, black column of smoke in the center is the USS Arizona. (Library of Congress.) By Stephen Enzweiler Special...
- More »
- Village Players of Fort Thomas schedule auditions for April show, Don't Talk to the Actors
- Bluegrass & Backroads: Natural Bridge is one of Kentucky's most beautiful, well-known landmarks
- Check out all that's happening in Newport over the weekend and beyond -- 'Tis that time of the year
- Chef Foster: Food may not solve all the world's problems, but it certainly gets us talking
- Keven Moore: Who knew that line-cutting was safe and acceptable? Just use the zipper merge!
Subscribe to News
Gov. Bevin orders flags lowered to half-staff Monday, honoring Fort Campbell soldiers who died under fireGov. Matt Bevin has directed that flags at all state office buildings be lowered to half-staff Monday, Dec. 5, in honor of Staff Sgt. Kevin J. McEnroe and Staff Sgt. James F. Moriarty, Fort Campbell soldiers...
- More »
- WalletHub study shows Kentuckians among the least vulnerable to identity theft
- Furlong Building Enterprises celebrates completion of Wooden Cask Brewery in Newport, now open
- Rodney Cain, best known as 'Biz,' dies at 78; farmer, businessman, banker, family man -- and Papaw
- Monster Energy to replace Sprint as entitlement sponsor for NASCAR's premier series
- Door-to-Door campaign in the Fight Against Heroin will take place in Crestview Hills on Sunday, Dec. 11
Subscribe to NonProfit
Need a Christmas sweater (ugly or otherwise) for a holiday get-together? Master Provisions is the place to shop. On Saturday, December 10, Master Provisions will sell holiday-themed sweaters, sweatshirts...
- More »
- Brighton Center, 50 Years, 50 Stories: Family honors parents through foundation that bears their names
- Children’s Law Center releases report regarding school-based restraint and seclusion in Kentucky
- United Way, Bengals launch Character 'Playbook,' digital initiative on youth character development
- Mark your calendar: Kentucky Choirs coming together for a joyful celebration at The Carnegie
- Kentucky is #20 on WalletHub's list of Most Charitable States, and @Giving Tuesday looms
Subscribe to Region/State
By Kevin Kelly Special to NKyTribune One by one, the photographs appear on the display screen in the darkened Commission Room at Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources headquarters, and the...
- More »
- Tours, meals, entertainment and more featured during holidays at Kentucky State Parks
- Eagle Watch Weekends available at Kentucky State Parks; trips available in January, February
- Art Lander's Outdoors: Anglers or hunters on your holiday list? Here are some shopping ideas
- How's this for a nice holiday outing: Relive the magic of 'Polar Express' with one of these Santa-themed excursions
- University Press' Kentucky African American Encyclopedia honored with state History Award
Subscribe to Sports
By Chloe Smith NKU Athletics Communications Northern Kentucky women’s basketball fell on the road to Tennessee Tech on Sunday afternoon, 55-40. With the loss, the Norse drop to 2-5 on the season, while...
- More »
- Jacksonville bound: Kentucky to take on Georgia Tech in Taxslayer Gator Bowl on Dec. 31
- Norse men over Norfolk State 72-61, improving to 5-3 for season; Holland leads with 20 points
- Marquee Miss wins Holiday Inaugural States at Turfway Park; jockey Jon Court gets career win 4,000
- Keith Taylor: Setback to UCLA will serve as an early learning experience for Kentucky
- Full field expected for today's Holiday Inaugural at Turfway Park in Florence; first stakes of the season
Subscribe to Voices
Last month, I had the pleasure to attend a book premier party, but this was no ordinary launch event. It was the kickoff for the book, “We Can Hear You Just Fine: Clarifications from the Kentucky School...
- More »
- Commentary: In and out of abusive foster care, she survived, joins First Lady's Youth Leadership Council
- Bill Straub: Chao as transportation secretary could place McConnell in a bind over infrastructure
- U.S. Ag. Secretary Vilsack, 'suits up, shows up, tries to get work done': 'Expect more of our government'
- Ryan Quarles: Having Kentuckians go hungry is unacceptable -- be sure to do your part to help
- Rural communities need more than 'outreach,' they need to build people-powered organizations