Every Holmes High School student received a laptop, thanks to board
CVG’s local economic impact up 22 percent to $4.4 billion annually
9th Region All “A” Classic: Newport edges Holy Cross in overtime
NKY Wellness Challenge kicks off, 25 local businesses show initiatives
Art Lander: Driving Ky’s backroads reveals American kestrel's aerial artistry
Tharp Museum to be rededicated as Dayton Heritage Museum
ABC responds growth; focus on service, streamlining applications
Gayle Pille: Red and Gray foxes live here, in and out of the shadows
Rich History: 150 Years Young, John A. Roebling Bridge comes to life
BBB Trends: Gift cards, returning, exchanging — some things to know
The Licking River: A 300-mile journey from mountains to metropolis
Financial technology company SmartAsset released the rankings from its third annual Healthiest Housing markets Study — and Edgewood ranked as the top housing market in the country. The study measures market health by the average numbers of years residents spend in homes, home values, ease of sale,...
Every Holmes High School student received a laptop, thanks to board funding to close digital literacy gap
Every Holmes student received a laptop Every student at Holmes High School received a MacBook laptop computer Tuesday, thanks to a decision by the Covington Board of Education last October. The board approved...
By Terry Boehmker NKyTribune sports reporter Newport sophomore guard Donnie Miller made a desperation 3-point shot to send the game into overtime and the Wildcats went on to defeat Holy Cross, 76-71, in...
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) is a vital asset to the region’s economy with a $4.4 billion annual impact on local families, businesses and governments according to a report...
Subscribe to Business
Keven Moore: Small business owners are lifeblood of economy — beware pitfall of no insurance coverageSmall businesses are the lifeblood of our economy, and every major company was once a small business. Some of the more notable businesses started in a garage such as the likes as Amazon, Apple, Google,...
- More »
- CVG's local economic impact grew to $4.4 billion annually, according to new report; up 22 percent
- BIRCUS Brewing Company keeping circus alive and evolving through its beer-making startup in Ludlow
- BBB Trends: Gift cards, returning, exchanging -- some things to know so you aren't surprised
- VonLehman & Co. opens new headquarters in Fort Wright at a prime location with room to grow
- NKY Chamber Eggs 'N Issues focuses on historic first week of 2017 General Assembly, what lies ahead
Subscribe to Education
Gateway Community & Technical College will offer, for the first time, historic preservation arts classes beginning Feb. 2, at the Urban Metro Campus in Covington. Gateway’s Historic Preservation...
- More »
- Every Holmes High School student received a laptop, thanks to board funding to close digital literacy gap
- KY Dept of Ag Mobile Science Activity Center at KFB Young Farmer Leadership Conference in Covington
- TMC, WAVE Foundation team up for lecture series at aquarium; sign up for 'Emperors of the Ice' Jan. 18
- Cov Cath offering two after-school STEM camps for 6th-8th graders during next three months
- Sullivan University culinary school ranked best in state, No. 31 in the nation by Niche.com
Subscribe to Government
City of Erlanger to offer scholarship to graduating senior; announces date for baseball field lotteryThe City of Erlanger is offering financial support for one graduating senior in the form of one $1,500 scholarship to attend an accredited two- or four-year college or technical school. The award, which...
- More »
- Alcoholic Beverage Control responds to industry growth; focus on service, streamlining applications
- Kenton Co. hosts 2nd open house, for input on new administration building, Independence Courthouse
- Judge-Executives Knochelmann and Moore among new officers of OKI board of directors for 2017
- Public input sought on options for Fort Mitchell's General Ormsby Mitchel Park improvements
- Dennis Keene of 67th District, elected minority caucus chairman of House Democratic Caucus
Subscribe to Health
Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Greiwe develops new ‘Total Shoulder Replacement,’ less pain, better resultsSpecial to NKyTribune Eventually, people who suffer severe pain and stiffness in their shoulders due to arthritis may need total shoulder replacement surgery. It involves a long, painful rehabilitation...
- More »
- New NKY Wellness Challenge kicks off as 25 local businesses show their healthy initiatives
- SmartHealthToday: Four good tips for helping you combat the flu at home -- just stick to some basics
- SmartHealthToday: Volunteering really is good for your health -- take a look at the positive factors
- Emerald Trace on Turkeyfoot to celebrate official opening of $14m senior living community
- State Department for Public Health raises flu level to 'widespread,' urges flu vaccine for 'high risk'
Subscribe to Living
It’s going to take a whole lot of firewood to keep the cast iron kettles boiling when Kenton County Parks & Recreation’s Sugar Camp gets going in a few weeks! A prep work day has been scheduled...
- More »
- National financial technology company names Edgewood as top housing market in the country
- Tharp Museum to be rededicated as Dayton Heritage Museum; ceremony, day of celebration scheduled
- Gayle Pille: Two species of fox -- Red and Gray -- live here, moving in and out of the shadows
- Kentucky by Heart: Schuhmanns one example of retired folks giving back to their communities
- Our Rich History: 150 Years Young, the John A. Roebling Bridge comes to life on a cold, cloudy day
Subscribe to News
UpTech, Greater Cincinnati’s accelerator for data-driven startups, will be kicking off the 2017 StartupCincy Demo Day year with the UpTech 5 Demo Day, on Thursday, February 9. Hosted at 84.51°, UpTech’s...
- More »
- Bishop Foys hosts regional Catholics @ The Capitol forum to hear from state public officials on policy
- Overflow crowd attends NKY NAACP Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. luncheon in Newport
- Covington's oldest resident, Opal Kwozalla, 109, has died peacefully at Rosedale Green in Latonia
- Behringer-Crawford museum gets Kisker Foundation grant for field trip scholarships for underserved kids
- Covington's Historic Linden Grove Cemetery awarded accreditation for dedication to woody plants
Subscribe to NonProfit
Boone County Library’s Board of Trustees is accepting applications for board positions that begin in July. The Library is seeking to identify dedicated individuals who have a passion for libraries and...
- More »
- The Point Arc, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation bring new program for summer jobs for students
- Boone County Early Childhood Fair at Burlington Library offers information, free screenings, activities
- CSX Railroad presents check for $2,000 to support the outreach efforts of NKCAC in Pendleton County
- BCPL assistant director envisions library as a community museum of engagement, learning
- Webb-Edgington is new president of Life Learning Center; former head of state Homeland Security
Subscribe to Region/State
Events aimed at educating beekeepers of all experience levels are scheduled through May 2017. “Beekeeping has a proud heritage in Kentucky, but it also has a promising future for honey production and...
- More »
- Art Lander's Outdoors: Driving Kentucky's backroads reveals the aerial artistry of the American kestrel
- Kentucky joins legal fight against the Stream Protection Rule, claiming state's responsibility
- Fireside Chats at Fort Boonesborough State Park in February features Kentucky historical figures
- Closing after a shooting, Cincinnati's largest soup kitchen reopens as an MLK reminder about love
- Old Time Kentucky: Gunboat to gunboat duel in the river would have been one-sided -- if it happened
Subscribe to Sports
By Terry Boehmker NKyTribune sports reporter The showdown between the top two boys’ basketball teams in Northern Kentucky this season lived up to everyone’s expectations. The lead changed hands 12...
- More »
- 9th Region All "A" Classic: Lloyd, Ludlow advance to semifinals with seniors leading the way
- 9th Region All "A" Classic: Newport edges Holy Cross after 3-point shot sends game into overtime
- Keith Taylor: Fox delivers late, helps Wildcats avoid potential disaster in 88-81 win over Bulldogs
- Wednesday selections from Turfway Park
- 9th Region All "A" Classic: Lloyd wins another close game behind senior's 28-point performance
Subscribe to Voices
Bill Straub: Despite host of critics, Obama will go down as one of our most consequential presidentsLONDON – The man much of Kentucky loves to hate, a Kenyan pretender who openly worships Allah and has waged a sickening war against white people over the past eight years, is finally moving out of the...
- More »
- Ryan Quarles: Our ultimate goal is to raise awareness of the hunger problem in Kentucky; rally in Frankfort
- Richard Nelson: Struggle fueled by Martin Luther King's ideals continues -- and applies more broadly
- Billy Reed: King, Ali provided voices of both reason and revolution during turbulent times
- Commentary: Right-to-work laws are proven catalyst for growing jobs, opportunities; KY is 27th RTW state
- Bill Straub: Limiting debate not their finest hour as Republicans exert new muscle in Frankfort